Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Gold Creek and back

Well, today's ride was work-related. I rode up to my client and friend's shop to meet with him about a fireplace screen design. My friend/client Paul, who is the owner/founder of the old blacksmith shop is a blacksmith. I also worked for him, and when I left to pursue design full time, we kept working together.

At any rate, Paul lives up in Gold Creek, just outside of Cranbrook, so i rode up there. It was a fairly uneventful trip, though I had a hard time starting the bike when i left. I think it's running rich (which is good for the engine break-in) but makes it hard to start.

I also got our car hooked up with a trailer hitch, so we can tow the scoot on our holidays and explore some new roads.

For those of you who have not read the comments, I have had some great suggestions for the Cranbrook Scooter Club name, thanks to Morganne Jones and Rob Hepher (my bro) for the groovy suggestions:

1. cranbrook boy scoots
2. kootenay boy scoot club
3. east kootenay scoots

and

4. The Lambretta Jazz Ensemble
5. Cranbrook Old-School Scooterists
6. S.K.O.O.T.S - South Kootenay Outdoor On-road Team of Scooterists.
7. M.O.D.S. - Mike and Other Dude on Scooters.

too funny. Any more thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home