Tuesday, June 27, 2006

yesterday she didn't, today she does

I've been a bit forlorn due to the sudden down-turn of my beloved Couchette, I thought she needed some medium-strength surgery before we could be out roaming the hills around Cranbrook again. After some consultation with the surgeon (Dennis @ Scooter MD) who was the one to do the heart transplant earlier, he told me not to worry.

Run it out he said, there's no way in 200 miles you'd build up enough to make it an issue. Take the air filter out, and we'll try to find the right jets (loosely paraphrased).

So I'm back in business. I went up to the blacksmith shop tonight to re-weld my muffler mount, which was strangely misplaced for my scooter...the new muffler I ordered didn't quite fit, but now it does. Tomorrow, I ride.

5 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I called it in my last comment! Too few miles! Haha, I am a scooter wizard after all!

Seriously, glad to hear you'll be back on the road again! A day without a scooter ride is like a cactus without a prickle, that's what I always say - except in my case I substitute "Land Cruiser" for "scooter."

Peace out!

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Scooterboy - glad to hear that. I was going to suggest a time tested formula I have used for some time with good success. Mix yourself a potion of half ATF (Automatic Transmission fluid) the red stuff and half water. Put it in an old windex spay bottle, shake the mixture until you see it mixed and then fire up the scoot, warm it up, remove the air filter and under medium throttle squirt the potion into the intake while running - this will expidite the cleaning process to about 15 20 minutes. So the Jetta is back up and the scooter is running - now for the class 6 road test - in scope before we rendezvous next week? c.S.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Anie said...

yay scooterboyand yay couchette..a guy is so much happier after a scoot and a slurpie..and i 'm all for happy moments!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Anie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:18 PM  
Blogger creativisualist said...

thanks guys

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home