Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'm really packin' it on

Well, it was bound to happen eventually; I was out shopping and spotted a print that I really liked at Winners, and had to buy it. The problem was that I was down at the mall on my scooter, and the print was about 3 feet long and 1 foot high, not exactly 'carry on' luggage.

Now, I have tried a few different things for carrying things on the scooter: I have successfully carried a slurpee home in a shoulder bag, less successfully carried a double mocha home, but it was fine since I wrapped a plastic bag around the mocha. All I had to do was pour the bag back into the mostly empty cup and voila, here's your mocha hunny!

So I bought the giclée painting, and then went to staples and bought a roll of packing tape. I figured the rest of the details would sort themselves out when I got to the scoot, which they did. My first plan was to tap the thing sideways across the rack like an airplane wing, which would have been hilarious, but likely somewhat dangerous both to me and to the painting. But when I saw the bike, with the flat footboard, and the extentions that head back towards the tail end of the bike, it came to me like a flash. You can see the results below.

the scooter looks hot from this angle, eh?

Who says they aren't practical for carrying things?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! you could have made scooter history. the first scoot-plane.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never doubted for a second that a solution wouldn't be found by you, oh Creative and Inventive One!
Love you, Momo

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home