Tuesday, August 01, 2006

secret sunsets

I took a movie back to the store tonight on Couchette. I have a very hard time going for short rides. I remember summer nights in Vancouver, getting on the highway to go home on a hot summer evening in the '75 VW Wesfalia and feeling this urge to just keep driving. Just go, man. Come back when I have to. The sun setting on Mt. Baker, the air warm like a hair dryer, and everything I need for an adventure is in the gas tank.

It is a smaller, but comparable feeling I get with Couchette. It is a feeling that there is an adventure just around the corner (or around 10 corners) if I am only open to it. I am taken back to the days when every day was a bug waiting to be discovered, a tunnel waiting to be dug, or a secret path to find.

Tonight my adventure was a beautiful view. As I turned to the west along 11th Street, I was greeted by high clouds, puffy rain clouds, mountains, orange sunlight, pink beams and blue backdrop. I won't say it was the most breath-taking sunset I'd ever seen, but it certainly was beautiful enough to make me think about going home to get my camera. My very next thought was "This is my secret adventure for today" and so I keep it to myself. It is mine, and you can't have it.

A fellow's got to have some of his own mysteries in this life. A fellow and his scoot, that is.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds lovely mike. take me home to my east kootenays.....

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to hear that the sound of a two stroke and the relatively relaxing speeds of the Couchette act as a hydrenalin kick for adventure around the corner... to 365 more of them - happy B-Day...

6:56 PM  
Blogger creativisualist said...

sanks, bro-I.L. I feel a post coming on...maybe i'll wait until tomorrow morning ;)

9:05 PM  
Blogger Anie said...

And to think I leave these mundane errands for you to complete at the end of the day...you've found a knack for "making it fun" as Opa would say!

10:07 PM  
Blogger creativisualist said...

funny funny girl.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home